Monday 2 July 2012

Toad in the Hole!!!



Crikey, I hadn't made this for donkey's years! Turned out pretty good, though, considering I don't use a recipe so it's all guesswork. Basically, I just cooked half a dozen pork sausages in a non-stick baking tin, then (when they were cooked and nicely browned) added the batter and put back in the oven until well risen and browned.

For the batter, I used a couple of tablespoons or so of white flour (either plain or SR - I used a bit of both), salt and black pepper, one egg and about half a pint of milk. NB - nothing was weighed or measured, so these are VERY approximate guidelines!


We had this lovely "comfort food" dish with some roasted root veg and steamed courgettes, topped with a little gravy made from granules ... hubby loved it!

2 comments:

  1. Buz's FAVORITE dish.
    Good to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! ... yeah, haven't been posting much lately, I'm afraid. Good to hear from you xx

      Delete