Thursday 4 August 2011

Summer vegetable curry*

V  This was adapted from a recipe in the BBC Good Food Magazine and is also available on their website here: *Summer Vegetable Curry  (I'm sure their photo shows a couple of small new potatoes in the curry, but there's no sign of them in the recipe!!)



I chose to adapt it simply because I had a few things to use up, but it was still delicious and (my version) made more than enough for four people.  I didn't have any spinach, but did have a cauliflower and a couple of courgettes from the allotment, plus I added a few sliced carrots because we like them in curry.

My husband especially enjoyed this, particularly the lentils, which added a nice "thickness" to the texture that is sometimes missing in a vegetable curry.  We served it with wholegrain basmati rice (Tilda boil-in-the-bag, 2 portions per bag, very nice indeed!) and some cucumber raita (natural yogurt, mint sauce and chopped cucumber), so it was a pretty healthy meal, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment