Thursday 26 January 2012

Potato and Leek Frittata

V My husband and I have committed to having a midweek meat-free meal (regardless of how many other vegetarian meals we may or may not consume!) and last night we enjoyed this delicious frittata. I simply shallow-fried slices of potato in oil until beginning to soften, added some sliced leeks until cooked, then poured off any excess oil before tipping in the egg mixture. This consisted of six eggs, whisked up with black pepper, Italian seasoning (or any herbs you like) and a generous amount of grated strong-flavoured cheese. I placed the lid on my pan, which helped the frittata to puff up nicely, then shoved it under the grill for a few minutes to brown. Served with a nice fresh salad, it was a totally scrumptious and filling meal.


You could substitute any ingredients you like and apparently this dish tastes even better cold, so is excellent to make for a picnic!

No comments:

Post a Comment