Wednesday 25 January 2012

Salmon Fillets and Stir-fried Veg

This has to be one of my favourite meals ... and I'm sure I've posted a similar meal on here before, but I don't care! The salmon was poached in a stainless steel tray with a little water, a squirt of lemon juice, a sprinkle of tarragon and some black pepper, topped with a tiny knob of butter and covered with foil. It only took about 15-20 minutes to cook and was unbelievably melt-in-the-mouth tender ... just gorgeous!


The vegetables were a selection from our local High Street greengrocer and consisted of red onion, leek greens, yellow and red peppers, tiny carrot batons, thinly-sliced courgettes and mushrooms, which were all stir-fried in some oil. I added a shop-bought sauce (Amoy Pad Thai) and covered to simmer for a few minutes. It was a lovely mixture - well-flavoured by the sauce but still with the distinctive flavours of each of the vegetables - and actually wasn't nearly as oily as the photo suggests! It complemented the fish perfectly.

(Admittedly, there was some oil left on our plates when we had finished, but the vegetables didn't taste greasy at all ... I only used a small amount of oil to cook them, so I think the sauce must have had a fairly high oil content.)

No comments:

Post a Comment