Friday 2 September 2011

Greek-style lamb meatball wraps

I've been receiving a monthly subscription copy of the BBC Good Food magazine for well over a year, but  have used very few recipes from them ... even though so many of them look extremely mouth-watering and tempting!  I guess I've been cooking for so long that I just buy some meat, fish and/or vegetables and "instinctively" know what to do with them.  But it's good to try different things and although we already have a varied and interesting diet, my husband and I have both been keen, of late, to experiment with even more different flavours, cuisines and (in particular!!) portion control.

So we had this, from the September issue, last night: Greek-style lamb meatball wraps.  They would have tasted more authentic if we'd had proper Greek-style flatbreads, like the ones they sell "Giros" in, but we used wholemeal tortilla wraps instead (they are so much tastier than the white variety, are very light and less prone to breaking).  The only thing I did differently was to add some tzatziki ... good job I did, because although the dish was very tasty (and filling ... couldn't finish the second one), without the tzatziki it would have been too dry for my palate.

V  Some little nut rissoles would be a good substitute here, or felafel perhaps?  Just make sure whatever you use is well flavoured, or it will get lost among the hummus and tzatziki.


No comments:

Post a Comment