Monday 23 May 2011

My daily salad

This is pretty much what I eat for lunch every day ... yes, every day!  Ok, so I may occasionally fall foul of Warren's delicious homemade bread rolls ... and we do like our Devonshire "high tea" on a Sunday afternoon ... but usually, this is what constitutes my middle meal of the day.

This particular one is missing the usual sweetcorn and olives, but is otherwise exactly the same as every other lunchtime salad: shredded lettuce, chopped celery, diced and minted cucumber, sliced mixed peppers, grated carrot, halved/quartered tomatoes ... all dressed with a squiggle of balsamic glaze.

On top of all that, I have a spoonful of beetroot salad (from Tesco), some protein (usually a small amount of fish or meat, maybe a hard-boiled egg, occasionally cheese) and a dollop of coleslaw (Tesco Finest).  Yes, it is a BIG bowl of food for the middle of the day, but I don't have any bread with it and (with maybe an apple a bit later) it's all I eat between my (banana & yogurt) breakfast and my evening meal at about 7.00pm.


V  Just leave out the meat or fish, substitute a few nuts or beans for protein, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment