Wednesday 6 July 2011

Thai-style prawn stir-fry

"Thai-style" in as much as it was flavoured with chilli, ginger and lime ... but it wasn't a hot dish really, just gave it a nice "bite".  I also used black pepper and a tiny bit each of soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce.

First I stir-fried most of the vegetables together in oil (carrot batons, green pepper, courgette, mushrooms, onion, pak choi stalks, green beans and calabrese stalks), alternating between stirring them over a high heat and "steaming" them over a low heat with the lid on.  They took about 10 minutes (max).

Then I added some mange tout and sugar snap peas, which I stir-fried quickly, before pushing the veg to one side and adding a bag of raw prawns.  These took a couple of minutes to turn pink (while being turned) and then I stirred it all together and put in a bag of beansprouts.  (At this point I added the flavourings.)  It was very yummy ... and I managed to eat almost all of mine with chopsticks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment