Sunday 3 July 2011

Cheese-topped nutroast and veg

V  (This was actually Thursday night's meal.)  We decided to try a packet of Granose Nut Roast (not realising that peanuts were the second ingredient and not recommended on the Hat Diet that we are semi-following!); it was very nice flavour and texture and incredibly quick and easy to make ... but, for me, the consistency was too soft.  I like a nutroast to be firm and "sliceable", more like a meatloaf consistency; this one just didn't "set" so we couldn't have sliced it, even though the photo on the front of the packet showed the thing sliced!!

However ... it made for a very tasty meal, topped with melted cheese and served with gravy and vegetables: roast mixed veg and steamed green beans.  I'd certainly use it again for convenience (if there wasn't time to make my own), but I might mix it with a little vegetarian stuffing next time, just to give it a firmer consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment