Wednesday 29 June 2011

Chicken Chasseur and lovely veg!

I haven't made a Chicken Chasseur for a very long time ... but it seems I haven't forgotten how, as this was truly scrumptious (cue the Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang song!!).  Although I would normally have included mushrooms, we didn't have any so I just sauteed half a large onion in a heavy-bottomed casserole dish, sealed the (boneless) chicken thighs, added white wine and tarragon, then tipped in a tin of chopped tomatoes.  I stirred it all together, added a splash of soy sauce and a "jellified" beef stock cube (it needs the depth of flavour; chicken stock wouldn't do it as well), then popped it in the oven for about half an hour.  (After 15 mins I added a few shakes of Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce and more tarragon, to give it a little extra "punch".)

I served this with sweet, mixed roast veg (onion, parsnips and fennel), some steamed French beans, plus the leftover root mash and spring greens from the night before ... just gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment