Monday 11 April 2011

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Brownies

These were a little treat for myself (too much sugar for my diabetic hubby), which I'm hoping will freeze well (even I couldn't manage all 15 over a couple of days!!).  I have never made brownies before (or I may have done ... but it was decades ago, if I did) but this recipe in this month's BBC Good Food magazine got my juices going!  This recipe's not on the website yet, but should be in a couple of weeks ... alternatively, buy the magazine; it's well worth the money, as it's packed full of lovely food ideas for everyone: vegetarian, dinner parties, kids favourites, cheap 'n' cheerful, posh meals, healthy eating ... everything!


The toppings are melted peanut butter (the recipe called for crunchy, but I only had smooth) and melted dark chocolate; in fact, if you're not a huge peanut butter fan, and you use the smooth variety like I did, you wouldn't really taste the peanut butter in them, as long as you didn't drizzle some over the top.  They are actually a bit drier-textured and far less "stodgy" than they look - delicious!

Incidentally, anyone who's ever tried the "Rocky Horror" dessert sundae at a Harvester restaurant - this is exactly the sort of brownie you would need to make that delightful indulgence at home ... although how you'll reproduce their creamy, whippy ice cream I don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment