Tuesday 7 June 2011

Pork steak - Hay style!

So, another meal in the style of the Hay diet that I'm trying at the moment.  This one was a "protein meal" and consisted of a griddled pork steak with sauteed mushrooms, a large salad and some steamed/griddled vegetables (carrots, sugar snap peas, asparagus).  It was totally delicious and filling, with none of us "missing" any form of carbohydrate (potato, pasta, rice, bread, etc).

I'm finding this new way of eating (well, new to me, anyway - the Hay diet has been around for a century!) quite exciting and interesting ... the more I read about it and try it out, the more comfortable I feel with it.  The principles make a lot of sense to me, and the symptoms it claims to help are already less severe for me, so I'm hoping for good things to come.  We'll see!


V  Leave out steak, add nut rissole ... still works for the food combining programme, if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment